- feeling like we can't do anything like normal people
- not being able to take away jenny's cancer
- not being able to visit family
- being in the house all the time
- not being able to make jenny not hurt
things that make us laugh....
- our dog zoey, who thinks she is the center of the universe, and she's the reason why jenny is home all the time
- julie and julia
- shaving each other's heads
- ridiculous nicknames we have made up over the past month like dragonheart and pickles (i'll let you guess which ones we are)
- lee crane's facebook posts
things that make us smile.....
- rainbow sherbert
- messages on facebook
- just knowing that we spend more quality time together now than any point in our marriage
- our beautiful nephews noah and caleb
- when a friend is willing to work for me so that i can be at home with my wife. thank you to him and his beautiful family for their sacrifice.
things that we long for.....
- the end of chemo!
- enough energy to do everything we feel like doing
- the beach!!
- to feel good enough to go to church every week
- a calm stomach to eat anything that we want
things we are learning....
- going through this without God would be impossible for us
- the tough stuff builds intimacy in a marriage way more than the easy stuff
- we are surrounded by an incredible support system
- our families are strong, and prop us up
- people who we don't know pray for us all the time. simply amazing.
- sometimes pulling out a B in anatomy II is okay when you're working 40+ hours a week and dealing with cancer
- God is most definitely in control (thank goodness!)
Jenny has felt good the last few days. We've been able to make it outside the house, have a date, go shopping, and just enjoy the weather. We have our third chemo treatment on Thursday (22nd). Please pray that Jenny's white blood cell count will be high enough for her treatment, and that she won't have to get another shot to increase them. Thank you SO much for all of your continued prayers. We love you! --j&j