Wednesday, March 3, 2010

First I just want to thank everyone who is viewing this site. I am so blessed and thankful that I have such strong support from all of you. Obviously this news is not what we wanted to hear but as crazy as it may sound, my heart is full of thanksgiving. There were eight days between a trip to the emergency room where we first became aware of the mass and the potential diagnosis and the day when we actually received the diagnosis. Eight days felt like a lifetime but I clung to Psalm 34 and read it over and over and over again. It gave me such incredible peace during those days and it gives me peace now.

I will extol the LORD at all times;
His praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt His name together.

I sought the LORD, and He answered me;
He delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to Him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame...
The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him,
and He delivers them.
Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him...
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
The LORD redeems His servants;
no one will be condemned who take refuge in Him.

The entire time I was in the hospital getting my biopsy and the tests that followed, one line kept running through my mind - "Taste and see that the LORD is good." I believe with all my heart that He is good. I have known this my whole life and have never doubted. He chose this path for me, He ordained every one of my days before I was even conceived. I have absolute trust in Him. I know this road will not be easy but He is faithful and will give me everything that I need.

I appreciate all the prayers that have already been said and the prayers that will be said. Your support and love mean the world to me.

"Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt His name together."
All my love,
-jenny

12 comments:

  1. The Rayburn familyMarch 3, 2010 at 9:03 PM

    John Tuggle, you are even more awesome today than when you were a young fellow at FCCM. The Rayburns fell in love with you and your family all those years ago, and we continue to love, respect and admire you, and that includes your lovely wife. We join you in your fight, sending up prayers and sending you strength, comfort, and courage. May you both feel the warm blanket of faith and friendship wrapped around you snugly. We love you! Joe, Vanessa, Joshua, Aaron & Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie and I will pray for you guys night and day. We love you guys. David and Leslie garner

    ReplyDelete
  3. John and Jenny you have been on mind since dad called me last night to let me know. I just want you to know that I will be praying for you both. Please let me know if we can do anything. We love you both and know that God will comfort and guide you during this time. I love you, Jennifer,Doug,Austin Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both are in our prayers. I cannot tell you what an important part of our family you both are, and enjoyed spending time with you guys at Grandma's birthday party not knowing what the two of you had on your hearts. Please let us know if you need anything. Jenny, I am always available if you need someone to sit with you at an appointment, run errands, anything you name it. Love you both.
    Heather, Andy, and Grady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to add our family's love and prayers. (I'm Shawn and Josh's mom).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny & John - God is good and He will be with you each and every moment of this journey! Your attitude is wonderful; I know you will beat this giving God all the glory! I will be praying for you and am ready to help in anyway that I can. Love you both! Kyle Kincaid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tugg and Jenny,
    Your attitude is very inspiring to me. I just wanted to comment because I feel blessed to have crossed paths with you and have the ability to pray for you and your family. Cassie and I will keep you in our prayers.
    Sincerely,
    Steve Mackell(from the softball team)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny and John,
    You will be blessed thru cancer just like I was. Your faith, family and friends will get you thru those crummy times. God has allowed you to go thru this for a reason--just like me. I witnessed to a friend at several chemo treatments and she came to Christ-I know that is why I had to go thru it. Losing your hair is kinda fun-it grows back sorta curly!! I did that twice and not having to wash and fix your hair is really kinda nice! I am here if you need to talk. We love you and will be on our knees to God for you and John and the entire family. God loves so much and he will get you thru this new journey you are on.
    Love, Melanie and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I wish I could be there with you...serving you...sitting with you. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS NOW MORE THAN EVER.
    In His love, peace, and protection
    Skip & Bonnie Krupa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you like your oncologist. Prayer is an amazing tool. God holds you both in His hand and NOTHING can take you away from His love. Love you guys. Praying for you both and your parents.
    Carla and Dennis and Harrison.

    ReplyDelete
  12. just sending you support and encouragment.GOD has given us each other and as a fellow sister in Christ Im praying for you. Thanks for sharing the GLORY of GOD with us even in your need.

    ReplyDelete